Friday, July 25, 2014

Drawn to a Larger Scale by Alex Williams

I read about the Scott Campbell story and how his career took off. I felt uncomfortable when I read that his rebelliousness inspired him to get his first tattoo- a skull on his leg- at 15, to his mother’s horror. She sat me on her lap and said: Scott, you could murder and I’ll still be proud to call you my son. But if you get a tattoo, I’ll shoot you myself”(William). What kind of mother is she? Well… I wonder how he took these words as an inspiration?  I don’t think title “Drawn to a Larger Scale” really fit the profile on Scott. I think that author did really well at telling Scott Campbell’s story without starting from when he was a kid and taking the reader through his life in order. This profile was about Campbell’s passion and sincerity towards his craft really came through and was clear from Williams’ writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment